Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Hiroshi Sato -- Seat For Two


It's been a little over 5 years since Hiroshi Sato's(佐藤博)untimely passing and I'm still quite stuck on his magnum opus album "Awakening".


However, "Aqua", his 8th album from June 1988 may become a future catch. I say this because I've become quite enamored with the second track, "Seat For Two". It's a dynamic piece that's quite different from any of the tracks from "Awakening". For some reason, I kinda figure that it fits perfectly with Japan's Bubble Era of a high-flying economy, and I do like that album cover which also fits snugly with this particular song.


It could be the percussion involved in here but for another reason, I also think there's a hint of Latin spice and energy in the arrangement. Perhaps it could also be the voice of Sato and his backing singers seeming rather reminiscent of the vocals I've heard from Sergio Mendes' gang back in the 1980s. Anyways, the song promises quite the ride through the streets of Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.