Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 1, 2017

Gundam Unicorn


Never was a huge "Gundam" fan. Don't know why that was...perhaps I just got too mecha'ed out with reruns of "Force Five" and "Robotech" in my teens. Still, I have a couple of friends who are fans and they wanted me to take photos of the new Gundam Unicorn behind Diver City in Odaiba. So, on the 7th, I hopped on the Yurikamome and took it down to Tokyo Bay to take a couple of shots of the new robot on the block during the daytime.


Treated myself to some Krispy Kreme since I did my friends a solid.




About a week later, when my friend Danny arrived from Osaka with his wife, all three of us had lunch in Akihabara before his wife had to head off to her hometown up north. Meanwhile, Dan and I decided to fulfill the other half of my mission which was to take some photos of Unicorn at night.

I gotta say that the night shots are a fair bit more dramatic.




Of course, since it was located near the top of Diver City, we also had to visit Gundam Base, the ultimate museum/shop for all things Gundam.





If you are a Gundam fan, feel free to salivate over the photos but really you owe it to yourself to visit Gundam Base someday.


Strangely enough, when I was thinking about a song to associate with all of these robots, none of the theme songs from the original anime or its descendants ever came to mind. Instead, it was Taeko Ohnuki's(大貫妙子)"Carnaval".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.