Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Farewell to the 100% Chocolate Cafe


On the day before I left Japan, Dan and I were walking toward Ginza. And I knew before I had even arrived in the country that there was an establishment that I knew in Tokyo which was going to end its time on December 26th this year.

The 100% Chocolate Cafe was a place that I visited with friends perhaps around 2~3 times during my residency there and has had a good run of more than a decade. In a megalopolis which has a high frequency of restaurant openings and closings, the Meiji-sponsored cafe has done quite well.


I wasn't about to pass this final opportunity to drink at my old haunt so Dan and I did a half-hour there over chocolate drinks. Wish that I could have had some of the chocolate desserts there but after a rather large soba lunch in Akihabara, my stomach didn't have the heart. Still, I was glad that we could have one last time.



Well, perhaps there are other chocolate-themed J-Pop tunes but this is the one that automatically came to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.