Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Kahoru Kohiruimaki -- Smile For Me


When I got my copy of Kahoru Kohiruimaki's(小比類巻かほる)9th album "Frontier" back in the early 90s, along with the rousing starting track "Control", there was the final track which was this spacy song called "Smile For Me". It kinda caught me off guard at first since it was a bit different from the usual Kohhy soul but it gradually grew on me.

Little did I know that "Smile For Me" was not only the singer's 18th single from April 1992 but it had an original version which was more along the horn-driven R&B line that I frequently associated her with since the late 1980s. I discovered this when I bought her 3rd BEST compilation "Dreamin' 89-92" through Eye-Ai  mail order. I mean, the two versions were so different in terms of arrangement, I didn't realize that they were versions of the same song until later. Kohhy wrote the lyrics while Noriyuki Asakura(朝倉紀幸)provided the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.