Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Keizo Nakanishi -- You And I


I could always rely on those Camellia Diamonds commercials for some pretty fine song tie-ups. As a supermodel pranced about the screen, there would be Martin Suzuki's "Wakare no Machi" 別れの街)or Kahoru Kohiruimaki's(小比類巻かほる) "Moving Action" bringing the urban vibe.


And this time, it was Keizo Nakanishi's(中西圭三) turn. He and his soulful pipes introduced some nocturnal cool in the form of "You and I" to the then-latest Camellia ad. Written by Masao Urino(売野雅勇) and composed by Nakanishi and Takao Konishi(小西貴雄) for release in January 1993, "You and I" had that wonderful voice of his paired with that piercing kakkoii trumpet. Walk along the main streets of Tokyo at night to that instrumental and you won't go wrong. It's definitely one of his most famous tunes.

"You and I" was Nakanishi's 8th single. It was also included in his 3rd album from March of that year, "Steps", which hit the No. 1 spot and had three other singles come out through it.


Not sure if Nakanishi and the aforementioned Masayuki Suzuki(鈴木雅之) ever got together in a duet, but if they haven't, I'd love them to tackle "You and I".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.