Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oricon Top Singles for 1987

1.  Eiko Segawa                         Inochi Kurenai
2.  Akina Nakamori                   Tango Noir
3.  Ikuzo Yoshi                          Yukiguni
4.  Hikaru Genji                         Starlight
5.  Seiko Matsuda                      Strawberry Time
6.  Akina Nakamori                   Nanpasen
7.  Akina Nakamori                   Blonde
8.  Daisaku Ogata                      Mushaku Ryojou
9.  Hiroshi Itsuki                        Tsuioku
10. Shonentai                            Kimi Dake ni

Pretty interesting writing this list up in a year that I thought was the one of transition between the early 80s aidoru (Seiko, Akina) and late 80s aidoru (Miho, Shizuka). For one thing, I don't see any of those late 80s girls up there, and for another 40% of the list consists of enka, including the No. 1 song of the year....pretty nostalgic. Akina Nakamori had another banner year to complement her successful 1986 of 2 songs in the Top Ten; this time it's 3, including "Tango Noir" which for me has the sexiest cover I've seen for her (when my friend Anthony showed me the single back at U of T, I took a long look at it...and that was all). However, Seiko-chan still has that one memorable single in there.

Johnny's Entertainment is also well represented by Hikaru Genji and Shonentai. The latter group also got into the Top 10 of 1986, but Hikaru Genji was about to hit the jackpot. The following year, Moroboshi-kun and company had a stranglehold on the Top 10 by capturing the top 3 spots.

And on a personal note, my go-to karaoke song (juu-hachi-ban), "Yukiguni" is at No. 3.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, J-Canuck. I was looking around your blog and was surprised you haven't done an article on Akina Nakamori's "Nanpasen." Would it be possible to do one in the near future? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there.

      Yup, I think it might be time to talk about that very special ballad. I'm thinking it will probably be some time in September!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.