Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Keizo Nakanishi -- Kiss, Merry Xmas



Keizo Nakanishi's(中西圭三)14th single from November 1994, "Kiss, Merry Xmas" is an appropriately jolly tune, composed by Nakanishi himself and written by Masumi Kawamura(川村真澄). Strangely enough, just in the same month, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" came out as a single, and both songs seem to have paid a stylistic tribute to Phil Spector and his Wall of Sound techniques. This is the type of J-Xmas song that I would want to listen to if I've had a few too many ballads in my system.

I came across this one just through commercials. "Kiss, Merry Xmas" was being used as the jingle (no pun intended) for a product by Pioneer. I didn't actively search for the CD single but got the song as part of his Best album, "Singles", released in December 1994, which peaked at No. 4 on Oricon and became the 49th-ranked album of 1995.

Keizo Nakanishi -- Singles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.