Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Yutaka Ozaki -- Donut Shop (ドーナツ・ショップ)



When I bought the 1994 CD single of Yutaka Ozaki's(尾崎豊)hit "Oh My Little Girl", the B-side single was this song titled "Donut Shop". Originally, the song was included on Ozaki's 3rd album in 1985 called "Kowareta Tobira kara"壊れた扉から.....Through the Broken Door).

Compared to the emotion-laden, near-anthemic feeling of "Oh My Little Girl", "Donut Shop" is a lot more mellower and comforting....rather like a weekly visit to that donut shop in the neighbourhood. I could imagine a young Ozaki writing and composing the song in a booth at a Mister Donuts over a Chocolate Glazed and coffee.

I rather like this song myself since it does remind me of my own not-so-healthy but down-to-earth custom of hitting the Tim Hortons with a couple of buddies for a donut and a double-double (for the uninitiated, a double-double is a coffee with double sugar and double cream). If I actually believed in ghosts, I would be more than happy to have Mr. Ozaki over for a bit of Timmies.

Ahhh....good ol' Timmies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.