Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Yumi Tanimura -- Moon (ムーン)


(Miku Hatsune version)

Over the weekend, one of the most famous and ironically, one of the most intensely private, people of the last 50 years passed away. Astronaut Neil Armstrong was of course the first man on the moon. And so in tribute and within the parameters of this blog, I'm providing this song by singer-songwriter Yumi Tanimura(谷村有美).

I actually came across one of her Best CDs at one of the major stores in Tokyo back in the mid-90s and gave it a try. Not too bad at all although I think she's one of those singers who never quite exploded into superstardom. She's been labeled as having a "crystal voice"which most likely refers to her clear delivery, but I think the label can also point to that slight vibrating quaver she has. She wrote and composed "Moon"for release in July 1995. It has that hint of Henry Mancini jazz which I've enjoyed, but I think it would've been even better if the strings had sounded less synthesized.


Yumi Tanimura -- Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.