Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kanako Wada -- Tanjoubi wa Minus Ichi (誕生日はマイナス1)



This single was written by Kanako Wada(和田加奈子) herself and composed by Hideya Nakazaki(中崎英也)who had also made songs for Miki Imai(今井美樹), Miho Nakayama(中山美穂)and Jun'ichi Inagaki(稲垣潤一)among others. "Tanjoubi wa Minus Ichi"(My Birthday is Minus One) is a slightly cheeky story about a woman who celebrates the big day with a beau who is one year younger than her and is often mistaken as her kid brother.

Originally a track from her 4th album "KANA"in 1987, it was later released as her 6th single in March 1988. It didn't end up charting on Oricon but I like it for its soda pop sprightliness. Though it may not be the deepest song on record, when I come across it, it's always pleasant to listen to.

Kanako Wada--Golden Best

1 comment:

  1. Started with vaporwave, then Sunday Brunch brought me to the album, which brought me here. I'd like to translate it to enjoy it fully. At low volume = soft rock. Cranked = party track.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.